Retraction of Publication
- The scientific article text recall from a publication (retraction) is a mechanism for correcting the published information and warning readers about the matter that a published scientific article contains serious faults or erroneous data that cannot be trusted. The inaccuracy of the data can result from both a conscientious delusion and deliberate violations.
- Retracement is also used to warn readers about instances of publications duplication (when authors submit the same data in several publications), plagiarism, and interest conflicts concealment that could affect the interpretation of the data or recommendations for their use.
- The main goalof retraction is the correction of the published information and ensuring its integrity, but not the punishment of authors who committed violations.
Reasons and grounds for recalling an article
The grounds for recalling the article are violation of ethical principles of the journal.
The reasons for the recalling of the article include:
- The presence of undue borrowings in a significant amount;
- Duplication of the article in several editions;
- Detection in the paper of fabrications or falsifications (for example, juggling research data);
- Detection of serious mistakes in the paper (for example, results misinterpretation), which casts doubt on the scientific value of the material;
- Incorrect authors composition (There being included the persons who do not meet the criteria of authorship or there is no one who is worthy to be considered as an author);
- The conflict of interests (and other violations of the publication ethics) is hidden;
- Re-publication of the article without the consent of the author;
- Other violations of the ethical principles of the journal.
The grounds for the recalling of the article are:
- The author's appeal for the article recalling;
- Decision of the journal’s editor-in-chief.
Corresponding author can submit withdrawal from to withdraw his/her paper from journal database.
Article Withdrawal Form
You are requesting to withdraw your paper from the journal which is against the copyright of the journal that you had signed earlier during the submission of all supporting documents for the purpose of publication in the journal. This form can fill by only that author who submitted the paper to the journal.
Yes, I am aware of the general guidelines of the withdrawal policy that journal uses.
The process to withdraw a published paper (s) from the journal database is against the copyright of the journal that author signed before the publication of paper in the journal database. Journal adopted following protocols for withdrawing paper (s):
- paper is withdrawn from the journal means that paper (pdf and html) will remove from journal database only. Neither journal nor publication house will responsible for other related caches.
- after withdrawn, paper will not reconsider further for republication in the journal.
The procedure for recalling an article
- The decision for recalling the article is made by the editorial board of the journal on the recommendation of the journal’s editor-in-chief, containing information on the existence of an excuse for recalling the article specified by these rules. The decision to recall the article is made taking into account the author's response to the article, which justifies his/her position on the issue of recalling the article, upon receipt of this response.
- If the author/teamof authors find it necessary to recall the article, they appeal to the editorial office, explaining the reason for their decision reasonably. The editorial board responds to the authors and, if there are grounds for retraction, it independently retracts the text of the article.
- If the editorial boarddecides to recall the article text on the basis of its expertise or the information received, the author(s) are informed of this and asked his/her opinion on the submission validity of the editor-in-chief on the article recalling. If the author/team ignores the editorial request, the editorial board has the right to apply to the Council for the Ethics of Scientific Publications and (or) to recall the publication without taking into account the author's opinion.
- The decision to recall an article is made out in the minutes of the meeting of the journal’s Editorial Board.
- By deciding to recall the article, the editorial board indicates the reason for the retraction (in case of detection of plagiarism - with reference to sources of borrowing), as well as the date of retraction. The article and the article description remain on the journal’s website as part of the corresponding issue of the journal, but the electronic version of the text is inscribed with the inscription "RETRACTED" and the date of retraction, the same note is placed in the article and in the table of contents of the issue.
- The journal’s editor-in-chief sends the minutes of the meeting of the journal’s Editorial Board to the Council for the Ethics of Scientific Publications and the database of scientific information, which indicates the date of the meeting, the composition of the meeting, the results of the examination, an informed decision and the completed form:
- Author's name and title of the article
- The title of the publication from which the text is recalled
- The initiator of the article's review
- Grounds for recalling the article and the date of the decision
- Link to the page on the website of the publication, on which information is given on the retraction
- The output of the article and the DOI (if any)
- Theme of the article
- The author (the lead author in the case of collective authorship) is sent the minutes of the meeting of the journal’s Editorial Board with a formulation that justifies the reason for the article's recalling.
- The journal’s editorial board, along with the decision to recall the article, may decide to impose a ban on the adoption of articles from the author of a retracted article for a certain period of time.
- On the retraction of the article information is posted on the journal's website on the Internet.